Periscope lets you broadcast your videos live using a compatible mobile device. Yes! You can broadcast your life to the world. But, what if you do not wish to let the world see what’s going in your life? What if you want to broadcast it only to the limited people in your life? Do not worry as there is an option to make your broadcast private. The private videos are available only to the people who are connected to you on Periscope. You can use private feature on Android, iOS, as well as on Periscope for windows. Here is how you can do that:
- Download and install the app on your device from the official app store (Google Play Store for Android and iTunes & App Stores for iOS)
- Locate the Periscope icon on the home screen of your computer and launch it
- You will see an icon of camera on the bottom bar; tap it. This will open the camera, but don’t worry, the broadcast hasn’t started yet. You can still change the settings
- You will see the ‘Broadcast Now’ option on the top; just underneath is the option to provide some information about what is being broadcast, such as ‘John Doe’s Birthday Party’
- Underneath the video description section you will see a tool bar with some options. One of the icons in this toolbar is padlock. This is the one you need to select in order to make your video private
- Tap the padlock icon
- Now you will be taken to the screen where you can invite the people whom you want to see the broadcast. You can only invite from among the people who follow you on Periscope.
- Tap on the ‘Make Private’ button to send the invites
- Now tap ‘Start Broadcast’ button which will now appear under the toolbar
This is how your private broadcast will begin. The private broadcasts do not appear in the Global List and are available only to select few you have chosen. This feature can be used if you wish to broadcast something that is personal to you.